SEJ APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TIL WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13 @ 11:59PM
The application for the 2020 Students for Economic Justice Fellowship is now open!
The Students for Economic Justice Summer Fellowship is an intensive full-time, $15-an-hour, six-week program that places committed student activists at labor unions or community organizations to gain hands-on organizing experience in a current campaign for economic justice. College students will gain organizing skills, as well as knowledge on various other related topics. The goal of this program is to train the next generation of young leaders and organizers who will effectively push forward social change and economic justice in San Diego County. Fellows are trained by key labor and community leaders throughout San Diego. They finish the program with a better understanding of the economic and political landscape of the region and connect with progressive leaders in San Diego.
Monday, June 22, 2020 to Friday, July 31, 2020 (six weeks).
College students at a two-year community college or at a four-year university, including graduating seniors, are eligible to apply.
Ideal SEJ candidates:
- Are passionate and dedicated to social and economic justice, and committed to advancing change for workers, low-income communities and communities of color;
- Have a serious interest in community or labor organizing as a potential career path;
- Demonstrate leadership at school, at work, at home, and/or in the community;
- Students who have a class, race, gender, sexuality lens;
- Students who plan to stay in San Diego to make a lasting impact in the region; and
- Students attending college in San Diego County, or from San Diego.
- An undergraduate at either a two-year or a four-year institution.
- Available full time (40 hours a week) for six weeks (June 22 to July 31, 2020); some placements may require evening and weekend availability.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Have recommender submit letter of recommendation by deadline.
** It is NOT recommended that Fellows participate in summer school or have other employment during their Fellowship. **
- Click below to complete the online application form (includes short answers and essays). Apply to SEJ
- Have a letter of recommendation submitted on your behalf.
- Submit resume.
Please refer to our application guide for tips on submitting a strong application. Click here to download the application guide. AFTER SUBMISSION You will receive an automatic confirmation of your submitted application and a confirmation from our Leadership Development Coordinator when your recommender submits their letter. If you have questions about the program, please contact Ana Laura Martínez at email@example.com or at (619) 584-5744 ext. 132. If you have technical questions about the online application process, please contact Jessica Córdova at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 584-5744 ext. 128.