About Raise Up San Diego
Raise Up San Diego is a broad community coalition fighting for economic justice. Center on Policy Initiatives (CPI) is an active member and lead convener of the coalition.
Raise Up San Diego organizes and supports working people who want to speak up for fair wages, safe working conditions, safety net services, and accessible and affordable housing and transit. The coalition was a major force in the successful passage of a San Diego minimum wage increase, which took effect in July 2016 and rose to $11.50 per hour in January 2017. It works alongside the Fight for 15 movement for livable wages and collective bargaining rights for fast-food workers.
- Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment
- Center on Policy Initiatives
- Employee Rights Center
- Interfaith Worker Justice
- Maintenance Cooperative Trust Fund
- San Diego Organizing Project
- SEIU-United Service Workers West
- United Food and Commercial Workers
- United Domestic Workers of America