After many years apart, we were so happy to see everyone at the Students for Economic Justice (SEJ) Mixer & Fundraiser last Thursday. Thank you to everyone who attended and donated to support SEJ! We exceeded our fundraising goal and raised over $7000 for the 2023 SEJ program! 🎉If you missed the event and would like to support SEJ, you can donate here.
We want to express some special thanks to the community who made this event happen:
- Thank you to our SEJ Advisory Board members Kelly Mayhew, Jim Miller, Bernadette Butkiewicz, and Cheryl Coney for hosting and organizing this event, and for all their work behind the scenes to support the SEJ Program.
- Thank you to the Butkiewicz family for hosting us at their home.
- Thank you to National City Councilmember and SEJ alum (2011) Jose Rodriguez for sponsoring and cooking up delicious tacos for everyone at the event.
- Thank you to the AFT interns, Johnny Swanson, and Rita Pinkerton for volunteering their time.
- Thank you to Fern Steiner, Cheryl Coney, California Teacher’s Association, San Diego Education Association, AFT members Ian Duckles and Erin Evans, John Rieder, SEIU-United Healthcare Workers, and SEIU Local 221 for co-hosting this event.
We will be introducing all 8 of the 2023 SEJ interns over the next few weeks on our website and social media so keep an eye out for an email and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to get to know the SEJ class of 2023 and where they will be placed this summer.